RollingStone.com: Latest News

Monday 20 October 2008

80s vote

Dermot O'Leary's great show on BBC Radio 2 is asking people to email in their favourite 80s song for playing on the show.

You can do it here.

My vote was for Ultravox's Dancing With Tears In My Eyes.

I was only 7 when it came out so can't claim to really remember it first time round but when I discovered it a few years ago it struck me as being a pretty damn good representation of the 80s. I'm sure it was in a John Hughes movie - if it wasn't it should have been.

If you get a sec, you should send your choice off, and if you haven't listened to the show for a while it's always worth a couple of hours - it's on saturday afternoons or if you're a busy 21st century kind of a person, you might prefer the slightly more flexible option of going online and listening to the latest show.

No comments: