RollingStone.com: Latest News

Friday 24 October 2008

Christmas present #2

After I'd made the first of the Christmas present suggestions I was a little worried that it might be a short-lived series, but I've thought of another one, and it's a good 'un.


Legendary London record shop (and label) Rough Trade have an Album Club, and the members (of which I am one) get sent a new release album each month, along with a nice sheet of paper suggesting other new releases.

So if you know someone who likes new music but doesn't always have the time/money/inclination to go out and discover new bands, then the Rough Trade Album Club is probably right for them.

It's £12 a month for a CD or £8 for a digital album, and you can join or give it as a gift for 3, 6 or 12 months, with discounts for the longer periods. I've gone the whole hog and have it recurring for the rest of time.

Of course, some albums will appeal more than others but Fleet Foxes, Sonny J, El Guincho and TV On The Radio have all come my way first via The Album Club.

Oh, and the added bonus with this one is that get to look very 'cool' to your friends. Well, in my eyes anyway.

Check back soon for more Christmas tips.

No comments: