RollingStone.com: Latest News

Friday 6 February 2009

The power of Superheroes - on an LP!

My brother in law has been, for as long as I've known him, a big fan of comicbooks, so much so that he's even written a sitcom about off-duty heroes. Yes, a real live sitcom that's been filmed and put on the telly and everything. It's called No Heroics and you can read more about it here and buy the newly released DVD here.

But moving on to music, that's all just background for why I bought this totally totally awesome LP for him the other day. I haven't given it to him yet, so here's hoping he doesn't read this before I do, but while I was online, I thought it worth sharing with you. I've had a listen (just to check it was okay, of course) and it's a bizarre album - half of it is songs about the heroes on the front, and those are interspersed with radio-style stories about their exploits. It's pretty kitsch but I hope he'll like it - and if not, I'll definitely give it a home.

Whether I knew someone into comics or not, this is the kind of thing that when you see it in the record racks, it really stands out a mile, and practically screams "buy me". So I did. Here it is in all its glory...

No comments: