RollingStone.com: Latest News

Friday 20 March 2009

The Guardian's 1000 Songs Everyone Must Hear


Those kindly music-loving folks at the Guardian have been giving away a supplement a day for the past week, all under the banner of 1000 Songs To Hear Before You Die.

It's a bold claim, sure, but I prefer to take these things as they're intended and not really let such thoughts as "surely there are more than 1000 songs that are worth recommending" bother me.

Each of the seven parts is themed:
Love
Heartbreak
People And Places
Sex
Protest And Politics
Life And Death
Party Songs


If you missed the supplements this week, you can catch up with them here.

I'll be taking a few moments (days?) to compile a playlist of the songs from those 1000 that I already own, both to ascertain whether they really are the best 1000 songs under those themes, and also to use it as an excuse to buy the ones that I don't have.

No comments: