RollingStone.com: Latest News

Monday 21 September 2009

Best.Promos.Ever. Daft Punk

Spike Jonze could easily have his own entry into this, and I know this won't be the last time he crops up in this series of posts. It's a genius idea - similar to the Michel Gondry Chemical Brothers' video - a beautifully simple idea done brilliantly, and I remember at the time it got all my friends talking. I hated it. I don't know why but I did not like this video when it came out. Since then though, it's impossible to deny the brilliance of it. It's easy to say, once the video has been made, but with such a heavy, insistent dance track, it would be hard to do anything straight for the video that would fit the track as well as the creative ethos of the band, so something completely leftfield like this fits the bill. Of course it does - Spike Jonze did it.

Sorry about the subtitles by the way, the official one is un-embeddable, damn them.

No comments: