RollingStone.com: Latest News

Saturday 10 October 2009

Best.Promos.Ever. Poison

Betcha never thought a Poison video would make it onto a list of the Best Promos Ever? Well, at the risk of invalidating the whole premise of this series of posts, I wanted to include a late-80s metal video because that scene at that time was the only thing that mattered to me. Most of the videos from that genre at that time have dated very badly - Guns N' Roses for example, with their massively expensive videos for November Rain and Estranged, haven't fared so well.

The reason I chose this video is because although Poison as a band haven't aged too well (and they long ago lost any credibility, even in the context of a music scene that always had tenuous links to artistic credibility anyway), this video still reeks of fun, which is what attracted me to the band in the first place. It all looked like such a laugh and I think in the case of getting that across, this video has aged pretty well. So this is my pick of videos to represent a whole genre. Controversial, I know, but it's my blog, so what you gonna do? No, wait, come back!!

No comments: