RollingStone.com: Latest News

Saturday 31 October 2009

Young Offenders' Institute - October

Last night's YOI was a really busy one, which was great after a couple of quiet months. Also great was getting to do two hours, so I thought I'd put a little bit of dancing music on to finish the night, kicking off with some funky hip hop and then moving in to some more disco-y indie. I don't have my records in front of me right now and can't remember them all but here's a few that I can definitely remember playing...

EPMD - I'm Housin'
Public Enemy - Bring The Noise
Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina
Beastie Boys feat Nas - Too Many Rappers
Snoop Dogg - Drop It Like It's Hot
N*E*R*D* - Things Are Getting Better
Justice - Genesis
Daft Punk - Rollin' And Scratchin'
Friendly Fires - Paris
LCD Soundsystem - North American Scum
Franz Ferdinand - Ulysses (Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve reanimation)
Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Zero
Jamie-T - Sticks 'n' Stones
The XX - VCR

Okay, now I'm home, so here's the rest of the records that filled up my two hour set...

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - T.R.O.Y.
De La Soul Feat Queen Latifah, The Jungle Brothers, Monie Love & Q-Tip - Buddy
The Cool Kids - 88
The Knux - Cappuccino
Common Feat. Lily Allen - Drivin' Me Wild
Lupe Fiasco Feat Jill Scott - Daydreamin'
Kanye West Feat Dwele - Flashing Lights
Missy Elliott - We Run This
Jay-Z - Lucifer
Busta Rhymes Feat Kelis & Will.I.Am - I Love My Chick
N.A.S.A. - Money
Major Lazer - Hold The Line
M.I.A. - Boyz
Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)
Vampire Weekend - A Punk

No comments: