RollingStone.com: Latest News

Tuesday, 17 November 2009

ihrtmusique's Top 50 Albums of 2000 - 2009

After the mammoth ihrtmusique Top 100 Songs of 2000 - 2009 I couldn't forget about doing an album poll, but as befits the decade that saw the rise of the consumer's ability to cherry pick songs without buying whole albums, I knew that my best albums list couldn't hope to be as extensive as the songs list. So no great hyperbole about the entries in the list below - the majority of these artists are featured in the songs list anyway, so check that out for some more extensive analysis) and instead here's a straight-up list of the albums that have rocked my noughties so far. Enjoy.


1. Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes


2. Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend


3. The Knife – Silent Shout


4. Jimmy Eat World – Bleed American


5. Band Of Horses – Cease To Begin


6. Jay-Z – The Black Album


7. Ryan Adams – Love Is Hell


8. Daft Punk – Discovery


9. Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago


10. Iron & Wine – The Creek Drank The Cradle


11. LCD Soundsystem – Sound Of Silver


12. Beck – Sea Change


13. Jay-Z – The Blueprint


14. Red Hot Chili Peppers – By The Way


15. Ryan Adams – Gold


16. Fever Ray – Fever Ray


17. Bruce Springsteen – Devils & Dust


18. Okkervil River – The Stage Names


19. Outkast – Stankonia


20. The Strokes – Is This It?


21. Iron & Wine – Our Endless Numbered Days


22. 50 Cent – Get Rich Or Die Tryin’


23. Foo Fighters – In Your Honour


24. The Hold Steady – Boys And Girls In America


25. The Arcade Fire – Funeral


26. Rodrigo Y Gabriela – Rodrigo Y Gabriela


27. The Roots – Game Theory


28. Franz Ferdinand – Franz Ferdinand


29. Queens Of The Stone Age – Songs For The Deaf


30. Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People Say I Am That’s What
I’m Not



31. Radiohead – In Rainbows


32. Friendly Fires – Friendly Fires


33. Tinariwen – Aman Iman


34. The Gaslight Anthem – The ’59 Sound


35. Justice - †


36. Coldplay – Parachutes


37. Beastie Boys – To The Five Boroughs


38. The Roots – Phrenology


39. Neon Neon – Stainless Style


40. Passion Pit – Manners


41. MGMT – Oracular Spectacular


42. TV On The Radio – Dear Science


43. Beck – Guero


44. Coldplay – A Rush Of Blood To The Head


45. The Killers – Hot Fuss


46. The Felice Brothers – The Felice Brothers


47. Clipse – Hell Hath No Fury


48. Ryan Adams – 29


49. M.I.A. – Kala


50. Johnny Cash – American IV: The Man Comes Around

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good work. Rodrigo y Gabriela certainly deserve to be on this list.I have been digging them so much that I gathered as many of their concert videos, inteviews and guest appearances as I could and created a website, the Rodrigo y Gabriela Fan Club. Cheers.

MRW said...

Great stuff. I'm working with Wallis Bird at the moment and she's supporting them on their European tour right now. She speaks very highly of them and said that they met two of their heroes on this tour recently, Al di Meola and Trio Joubran.