RollingStone.com: Latest News

Thursday 11 March 2010

The Young Offenders' Institute - 93 Feet East, March

I took the early slot at last night's YOI and took advantage of this to play a set of much better known stuff than normal. So there was no obscure 70s rock, or funk that no one's ever heard before. This was just straight ahead good guitar tracks, the vast majority of which I would assume most people know. Here's what I played...

The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored
Primal Scream - Movin' On Up
Gorillaz - 19/2000
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss
Manic Street Preachers - La Tristesse Durera
Blur - There's No Other Way
Nirvana - Come As You Are
The Charlatans - The Only One I Know
The Smiths - How Soon Is Now
Lightning Seeds - Pure
The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
Pearl Jam - Even Flow
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows
Breeders - Cannonball
Foo Fighters - No Way Back
Franz Ferdinand - Dark Of The Matinee
R.E.M. - Orange Crush
Vampire Weekend - Cousins
The Rapture - Get Myself Into It
LCD Soundsystem North American Scum
MGMT - Electric Feel
Empire Of The Sun - Walking On A Dream
Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You
CSS - Let's Make Love
Kings Of Leon - Sex On Fire
Killers - Bones
The Maccabees - Love You Better
Friendly Fires - Paris
Arcade Fire - Keep The Car Running
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
The Knack - My Sharona

No comments: