RollingStone.com: Latest News

Monday 26 April 2010

Beck in the game

First of all, let me apologise for recommencing my blogging activities with such an awful pun (above). Anyway.

Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of weeks - it's been one of those, you know, "personal times" when life just takes over a bit. But the good news is, I've got lots to write about that I've stored up over the past few weeks, so let's kick off with another installment of Beck's Record Club.

Regular visitors here will know I've pointed you in the direction of this before, where Beck and whatever musician pals are knocking about at the time get together in LA and record an album in full, and film it for his website. This time, he's got (members of) Os Mutantes, Liars and St Vincent onboard and it's INXS's 1987 album, Kick, that gets the Record Club treatment. Below is Need You Tonight, but the whole album's on Beck's Record Club page.

Record Club: INXS "Need You Tonight" from Beck Hansen on Vimeo.

No comments: