RollingStone.com: Latest News

Friday 21 May 2010

Young Offenders' Institute - The Black Heart, May

Last night was busy. It was absolutely packed at the Black Heart last night, and all the better for it. We got through a ton of games, so the Rocky theme (which signals the start of every game, for the uninitiated) punctuated the setlist below many times. I went for a straight up funky old rock set, and although on the day (I'd had to pack my records a couple of days before), I was hankering for a more modern LCD Soundsystem/Hot Chip/Gorillaz type set, I enjoyed playing this lot loads. Next one's Friday 28th at the Fleapit - check the YOI website for info. See you there!

The Standells - Dirty Water
George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag
The Beat - Tears Of A Clown
The Jezebelles - Tainted Love
The Who - Substitute
The Jam - Start!
The Ramones - I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
Kiss - Rock And Roll Nite
Eagles - Heartache Tonight
John Kongos - He's Gonna Step On You Again
The Byrds - So You Wanna Be A Rock And Roll Star
James Gang - Funk #49
The Guess Who - American Woman
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
The Leaves - Get Out My Life Woman
The Creation - Making Time
The Music Machine - Talk Talk
The Animals - River Deep, Mountain High
Aerosmith - Back In The Saddle
The Rolling Stones - Hip Shake
The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
Stephen Stills - Love The One You're With
Bob Dylan - Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) (Mark Ronson remix)
Frankie Valli & The Seasons - Beggin' (Pilooski Re-edit)
The Spencer Davis Group - Keep On Running
Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle
T.Rex - Get It On
The Rolling Stones - Let's Spend The Night Together
The Troggs - Wild Thing
The Clash - I Fought The Law
Incredible Bongo Band - Apache
Led Zeppelin - Good Times, Bad Times
Babe Ruth - The Mexican
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
The Flying Burrito Brothers - Older Guys
Muddy Waters - I Just Want To Make Love To You
Link Wray - Juke Box Mama
Ozdemir Erdogan - Karaoglan Almanya'da
The Band - The Weight

No comments: