RollingStone.com: Latest News

Friday 25 February 2011

So, that Queen exhibition...

So, I was invited to this Queen exhibition last night, and didn't really understand before I went what sort of an evening it was going to be. Turns out it was the press launch for this free exhibition, covering the early years of Queen to mark the 40th anniversary of the band's existence, and popular and busy it was too.


Brian May and Roger Taylor weren't there but there were a few 'faces' present. The lovely Sophie Ellis Bextor was there and I had a quick chat to her husband Richard Jones (who I used to work with), who's now the bassist from The Feeling. Their new single's out in three weeks and if you're a fan of knowing how the record industry works you might be interested to know that it'll come out via Universal's new policy of making it available to buy the same day it goes to radio. Lady Gaga did that recently too. Anyway, I digress.

Errr..who else was there? The bloke from Keane (much taller than I thought), Hurts (who apparently dress like that all the time), the comedian Paul Whitehouse (looked a bit lost) and also Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters, who are well known Queen fans.



Not sure what the point of this horse was, but for some reason it was the only photo I took. But there was free booze. However, I saw very little of the actual exhibition, because it was so rammed. But it's free, so I'll try to go back, maybe making a day of it with Brick Lane and Rough Trade East. Yes, I think I'll do that.

No comments: