RollingStone.com: Latest News

Saturday 22 November 2008

Rough Trade's Albums of the Year

Congratulations to Rough Trade for being the first to (at least that I've seen) to publish their end of year poll. And it's not even December. There'll be plenty more of these to come and I'll be taking a look at the interesting ones - Q magazine's is next I think. Of course, I'll be doing my own list before too long, but you'll have to wait for that.

So who made the Rough Trade list? Here's their top 10...


1. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
2. Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
3. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
4. White Denim - Workout Holiday
5. Metronomy - Nights Out
6. El Guincho - Algranza
7. Benga - Diary of an Afro Warrior
8. Zombie Zombie - A Land For Renegades
9. Vivian Girls - Vivian Girls
10. Ladyhawke - Ladyhawke

Not many surprises in there, especially considering this is Rough Trade - the usual mix of cool, world, dance, indie, quiet, loud - and also I don't think they'll be alone in lauding Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes, the latter I would predict are going to pretty much clean up in the end of year polls.

If you want to see the full list from Rough Trade (top 50) then you can find it here...

No comments: