RollingStone.com: Latest News

Friday 14 November 2008

Ryan Adams Exclusive!

Okay, it's not exclusive by any stretch of the imagination, but if you happened to not know this already then I'm bringing this news to you exclusively. Make sense?

While listening to Ryan Adams being interviewed on the Dermot show on Radio 2 (actually by Shaun Keaveny as Dermot was away), Ryan Adams shocked me to my core by going on a tirade about how much he hates his song New York, New York. This is like when Madonna said that Material Girl was her least favourite track. Devastating.

Do I still like the track? Should I reappraise it in light of the performer's comments? Should I stay true to my own sense of right and wrong and dismiss his views as the product of years of drug abuse and hard country rock living? Who's to say. This is what he said...

"In my opinion that song is utter garbage, it's really a failure. It just has no...truly, I never liked it. It wasn't my decision for it to be on the album, it was a decision made by Ethan Johns the producer, as well as the label. I really thought it just sucked. I still do. I don't like it. It doesn't sum it (New York) up for me."

No comments: