RollingStone.com: Latest News

Friday 5 December 2008

Enough looking back, let's look forward

While I'll continue to keep an eye on all of the end of year polls, it's worth bringing to your attention the BBC's bands to watch poll that they do every year. It's always on the money and at the moment you can check out their longlist for ones to watch in 2009 here.

There's a good mix amongst the 15 artists on the list, and you can vote for your favourite's on that link.

I've already been championing some of them myself (Little Boots, White Lies, VV Brown) but there are several that I'm in need of checking out. The full list is:

The Big Pink
Empire Of The Sun
Dan Black
Florence And The Machine
Kid Cudi
VV Brown
La Roux
Frankmusic
Lady Ga Ga
Little Boots
Passion Pit
The Temper Trap
Master Shortie
White Lies
Mumford & Sons


The 2008 list went like this:
Adele
Duffy
Ting Tings
Glasvegas
Foals
Vampire Weekend
Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong
Black Kids
Santogold
MGMT

Okay, ignoring Joe Lean (who fell so far short of the hype, I was embarrassed for him), I don't think many of us would have picked all the rest of them.

So with their past record of picking winners, it's worth swotting up on this list and impressing everyone in 2009 by being able to say "oh them, yeah, they were good six months ago but I'm over them now".

No comments: