RollingStone.com: Latest News

Monday 9 February 2009

I was on the radio today

I just got back from the BBC. Where I reviewed some music. Live. On the radio.


If you click on this link here, and listen to today's (Monday) Victoria Derbyshire show, you'll hear me trying to offer some insightful opinions on some of this week's new releases - Alesha Dixon's new single and new albums by Lily Allen and All American Rejects.

It's a new slot on Victoria's show, where they get Radio Fivelive's entertainment correspondent, Colin Patterson, to review a few new releases along with a journalist, which today was Observer Music Monthly editor Caspar Llewellyn Smith, and a listener, which today was me. Yes, me. Oh, and today also had the lovely Alesha Dixon in the studio - she really is the most delightful celebrity you could meet, which is always nicer than when they turn out to be idiots. Makes reviewing her single in front of her slightly loaded though - luckily, I liked it anyway, so no lying needed.

So have a listen - it starts at about the 1 hour 40 minute mark and I hope I didn't embarrass myself much. Except at the end where Victoria kindly let me give the blog a plug on air and it was only then that I realised that www.ihrtmusique.blogspot.com is THE most awkward website address to read out on the radio. No wonder there hasn't been a significant spike in site visitors despite my national radio plug!

Next stop, my own Saturday night chat show.

PS, thanks a million to NT for the reference that got me on the show in the first place.

No comments: