RollingStone.com: Latest News

Saturday 22 January 2011

The Monthly - January 11

1. GRINDERMAN - Get It On New To Me
Ferocious track from Nick Cave's band, from their 2007 self-titled debut.

2. WEEZER - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To Rediscovery Of The Month I
Came across this great track from 2009's Radtitude album. Punk power pop at its finest.

3. SLOW CLUB - Giving Up On Love New To Me
Recent single from Sheffield indie-pop duo, taken from their 2009 album Yeah So.

4. THE PHOENIX FOUNDATION - Bitte Bitte Hot Off The Press
New Zealand folk rockers put their fourth album, Buffalo, out last year - this was a recent iTunes single of the week.

5. THE BEES - Listening Man New To Me
Yet another 6Music gem to come my way - from the Isle Of Wight band's 2007 album Octopus.

6. IRON & WINE - Glad Man Singing Hot Off The Press
Sam Beam's back with forthcoming album Kiss Each Other Clean. New session track from the superb Daytrotter.com.

7. JOHN LEE HOOKER - Take Me As I Am New To Me
Beautiful, poignant track that randomly came my way. Find it on any of his greatest hits.

8. THE INK SPOTS Feat. ELLA FITZGERALD - Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall New To Me
Be transported back to yester-year with this 1944 track from Indianapolis doo wop stars The Ink Spots.

9. FRANKIE VALLI & THE FOUR SEASONS - Working My Way Back To You New To Me
I knew this track, but only when I got a Valli best of this month did I really get to know it. A 1966 single.

10. NILS LOFGREN - I Came To Dance New To Me
Famed for his work with Neil Young and Springsteen, this comes from his 1977 album of the same title.

11. JANET JACKSON - Nasty Rediscovery Of The Month II
God knows where I found this but it instantly took me back to 1986 - great flashback.

12. DIDDY-DIRTY MONEY - Someone To Love Me Hot Off The Press
Diddy's new project is proper good. This is from the concept album Last Train To Paris, recently released.

13. BEANS - Deathsweater Hot Off The Press
Random blog band that I found so info is scarce, but this is a very cool track.

14. ELECTRONIC - Getting Away With It Rediscovery Of The Month III
Remember this? Course you do. New Order meets The Smiths as Marr teams up with Sumner in 1989.


BONUS REMIXES AND MASH-UPS CD

1. ADELE - Rolling In The Deep (Jamie xx Shuffle)

2. MARK RONSON - Somebody To Love Me (Kaytradamus Remix)

3. TOM TOM CLUB - Genius Of Love

4. THE CATARACS - Bass Down Low (Proper Villains Remix)

5. COLD WAR KIDS - Mine Is Yours (Passion Pit Remix)

6. KHAN EDISON VS M.I.A. - Paper Planes

7. ELBOW - Grounds For Divorce (Chrome Plated Remix)

8. WICK-IT THE INSTIGATOR - You Ain't The Next DJ (The Black Keys Vs Big Boi)

9. LL COOL J - Mama Said Knock You Out (Z-Trip Remix)

10. ARETHA FRANKLIN & THE ROLLING STONES - A Deeper Love (Chew Fu & Steve Clisby Vocal Mix)

11. JOHNNY CASH - Belshazzar (Machine Drum Remix)

12. MARLENA SHAW - California Soul (Diplo/Mad Recent Remix)

13. JACKSON 5 - I Want You Back (Dimitri From Paris Remix)

No comments: