RollingStone.com: Latest News

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Northside Festival

To go or not to go.


Arguably, the Northside festival cost is worth it alone (approx £150) just to see how The Stone Roses perform, and with other acts that are right up my street, like Justice, Gaslight Anthem, The xx, When Saints Go Machine and James Blake, then perhaps it's too good to pass up on.

Even the presence of Snow Patrol doesn't trouble me too much (though I am drunk right now). It isn't sold out yet either, which makes a refreshing change from the scrum that is trying to secure a UK festival ticket. On the other hand it's a no-camping festival, which is also fine by me, though means that's another thing to organise. We shall see - I'll let you know if I go.

 Did you catch new Danish band When Saints Go Machine yet? Download their cover of the Verve's Bittersweet Symphony here from RCRDLBL and also here's their track Parix, which I put on The Monthly a while back (watch out for track listings of all the back issues from while I've been away).

 

No comments: