RollingStone.com: Latest News

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Where it all started

A friend posted this on Facebook recently - real blast from the past. This was 1992 I think, with Faith No More and Soundgarden supporting Guns N' Roses at Wembley Stadium, London. My mate, Matt Gregory (Greg as he was back then) is on the left and I'm second from the right. And yes, I do appear to be wearing pink tinted sunglasses. I have no defence for that one. Loved seeing how much of a uniform we were wearing - everyone thinks they're so individual when they're growing up, but clearly not. Funny.
And on another GN'R note, when I was packing up my stuff for the move recently, I found these - bought in second hand shops at the time and sounding like they were recorded through a mattress several miles outside the venue, but I loved them anyway. Pretty chuffed I was at the two Wembley ones...

No comments: