RollingStone.com: Latest News

Monday 22 November 2010

The past few months - a review (pt. 1)

Here's the first, more music-related review of the past few months, while I've been taking a break from writing this blog. It's very much a picture-based review, which should make it easy on the eye.

I tour-managed the fantastic Housse De Racket when they came to the UK to play the Rockness festival in Scotland...









I've been to a ton of gigs, including LCD Soundsystem at Alexandra Palace (but not Hot Chip, on the same night, due to the frankly AWFUL infrastructure at the venue)...



...Hurts at the Royal Institute of British Architects...



...The Black Keys at Brixton...



...Cats, Cats, Cats at The Old Blue Last...



...Dry The River at the Lexington...



...Mark Ronson and all his guests (including Duran Duran, Boy George and Spank Rock) at Hackney Empire...



...The Small Faces (with Mick Hucknall on vocals) at the Vintage at Goodwood festival...



...and Mike Flowers Pops at Vintage too...



I've been DJing a lot on my laptop, including here in Berlin...



...here in Camden...



...here in Brick Lane...



...and here in Soho...



I worked at the Britain's Next Top Model Live event for Global Cool, with Radio 1's fashion expert Gemma Cairney...



...which also had Diana Vickers performing...



I liked this 'no stereos' sign on a New York train...



And I spent several happy hours rearranging the records on my shelves into various themes (more of which are still to come), with this one being faces...



...and this one being the colour red (obviously)...

No comments: